In this Tutorial you will learn how to create a basic teleporter
In this tutorial we used:
Unity Teleporter CreationEdit
This is assuming you already have a world created.
- Place an asset into your scene and [add it to where you would like in the hierarchy (optional)].
- Select your asset in the scene until you see a visible mesh on your asset.
- Create a collider (I suggest a box collider) using Add Component in the Inspector.
- Choose Edit collider and scale it to fit the asset.
- Go to Add Component again, this time a VRC_Trigger.
- From the drop-down on VRC_Trigger, choose "OnInteract" and push Add. Leave the rest as it is.
- Expand the drop-down arrow to the left of OnInteract and push the "+" below Actions. Choose TeleportPlayer.
- Select the = to the left of TeleportPlayer.
- Under Receivers, you need a destination for this teleportation. Create an empty game object (GameObject > Create Empty) and title it accordingly, like "TeleDestination". Place it in the world where you would like the tele to arrive. Aim a bit over the destination so falling through the world is lessened. Add this to the Receiver.
- [Optional] You may need to have a VRC_Special Layer component as well on the object, set to Interactive.